- Acute haemorrhagic fevers: epidemiology, surveillance and control.
- Rabies: diagnosis, management and vaccine evaluation.
- ARI: epidemiology, diagnosis, aetiology, management and control.
- Viral diarrhoea: studies on aetiology, epidemiology, management and control; vaccine trials and molecular characterisation.
- Viral hepatitis: epidemiology, aetiology, diagnosis and control.
- KEPI: vaccine potency evaluation; polio eradication.
- HIV and AIDS: Epidemiology, Phenotypic and Genotypic characterization, Prevention and Control, Drug resistance surveillance, QA/QC in HIV programs, Window period and transfusion safety studies, HIV Diagnostic services: Viral Load, EID, PCR, Operational Research in HIV/AIDS and Training.