- Traditional Medicine
- Rationalization of traditional medicines in collaboration with traditional healers; evaluation of plant drugs using medicinal Phytochemistry, pharmacology and toxicology and, formulation of herbal remedies.
- Studies on agents for the control and management of Infectious, Parasitic and Non-Communicable Diseases in addition, Socio-cultural and anthropological aspects of traditional medicine.
To collaborate with other KEMRI centers, local, regional and international institutes and organizations to be able to carry out all the above mandates.
- Quality assurance through; Surveillance, experimental pharmacology and toxicology; biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics; clinical trials.
- Sanctity of life: We value life and endeavor to preserve and improve it.
- Creativity and innovation: We are committed to promoting and supporting creativity and innovation through research.
- Equity and quality: We employ the highest professional conduct possible to achieve high standards of service delivery.
- Acceptable corporate Governance: We employ the best practices and principles of good governance.
- Team work: At CTMDR we are a team and we operate as such.