The Center serves and collaborates locally, regionally and internationally with many clients that include research scientists, students, and patients among others.
The clients or collaborators, interested in training, advice and research on medicinal plants, development of drugs or quality evaluation of drugs, include:
- Educational institutes such as Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenyatta University, University of Nairobi, Maseno University, Makerere University, University of Dar es Saalam, Muhimbili University, and University of Ibadan, Cameroon University, University of Cape Town, USIU-Africa, Karatina University, Egerton University, MKU.
- Research institutes and organizations such as International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE), Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI), Kenya Industrial Research Development Institute (KIRDI), National Museums of Kenya, Institute of Primate Research (IPR), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), World Health Organization (WHO), Wellcome Trust Laboratories.
- Ministries of Health (Medical Services and Public Health and Sanitation).
- Ministry of Culture and Social Services (Department of Culture).
- Traditional Health Practitioners (THPs).
- Students and Researchers from all corners of the world.