The Information Communication Technology function is a cross-cutting and therefore seeks to address the connectivity and harnessing of the emerging technologies to enhance research capacity. Modernizing the infrastructure and services that support research activities of the institute is a priority of the department.
The vision of the ICT Department is to transform the institute into an automated work environment that supports research in human health.
The mission of the ICT Department is to provide, coordinate, and facilitate the use of technology and information resources to the satisfaction of the institute and its stakeholders.
The ICT Department values the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the institute as outlined in the Institute strategic plan. Further, it values:
- Entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Excellence in reputation, achievement, and service to our nation.
- Honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Open communication and mutual respect
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Transparency, accountability and personal responsibility.
The department is organized into three functional units namely;
- Technical support,
- Software development and Data management.
- ICT Policy & Strategy development and implementation
- Provision of hardware & software
- Automation of core services
- Maintain server functions for email, internet, databases, file storage and administration
- Data management services
- Technical Support Services
- Website design and development
- Training on basic computer applications
- Personnel & Registry Staff
- Supplies and procurement staff
- Security staff
- Payroll software
- Accounting and fixed asset inventory
- ICT infrastructure assessment reports
- Establishment, organization and revised scheme of service for ICT officers