METABOLIC & CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH
This Unit plays a role in advancing the understanding of cardiovascular diseases and also diabetes and metabolic research through undertaking epidemiological, population survey and clinical trials.
The Unit works with related stakeholders in prevention, control and management of cardiovascular conditions including Hypertension, heart disease and stroke and also in the metabolic diseases with diabetes being the leading disease entity.
- Endocrine disease research
- It undertakes clinical trials and interventions to enhance drug therapies and interventions for cardiovascular disease management.
- Provide solutions and interventions for cardiovascular and diabetes disease management.
- Identify key risk factors, associations and interventions for cardiovascular and diabetes research.
- Generate policies for health management of the metabolic conditions and cardiovascular diseases.
- It addresses the understanding of the metabolic conditions and cardiovascular diseases.
- Create linkages for support of metabolic conditions and cardiovascular diseases.
- Develop policies with MOH and other stakeholders to enable rapid transfer of knowledge from research to education and practice.
- Attract funding and partnership for metabolic conditions and cardiovascular diseases.