PATHOLOGY & ONCOLOGY RESEARCH
This Unit incorporates cancer research and laboratory diagnostics to enhance cancer screening and early diagnosis.
Its main focus is in application of laboratory sciences in cancer research and spearhead research and clinical trials in cancer therapies.
- Develop and test early screening and diagnostic tools for cancer control.
- Evaluate and assess tissues for cancer and provide pathological profiles for diagnosis and staging.
- Spearhead cancer immunology and genetics research.
- Provide a platform for cancer diagnosis and act as referral for other centres.
- Engage in capacity building for pathology in cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Conduct clinical trials in cancer.
- Through multidisciplinary engagement participate in development of solutions for cancer control including risk factor and epidemiological studies.